George W. HoldenProfessor and Chair of the Department of Psychology at Southern Methodist University, Texas, USA
About the author:
My research interests are in parent-child relationships, parental cognitions, and discipline.
What I want to achieve:
My goal is to help parents become more effective in their childrearing role so they can enjoy parenting and help their children develop into healthy, productive, and happy adults.
My previous positions:
- Associate Chair, University of Texas at Austin.
Awards & accomplishments:
- Co-Founder & President of the U.S. Alliance to End the Hitting of Children.
- Distinguished Career Award, International Society for the Prevention of Child Abuse and Neglect (ISPCAN).
- Legacy Achievement Award, Center for the Human Rights of Children, Loyola University Chicago.
- Lightner Sams Foundation Child Advocate PRISM Award, Mental Health America of Greater Dallas.
I am a father of three grown children and grandfather of one.