By accessing https://childandfamilyblog.com, you agree to abide by these Terms of Service and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. If you do not agree with these Terms of Service, you are prohibited from using or accessing this website or using any other services provided by The Child and Family Corporation.
We, The Child and Family Corporation, reserve the right to review and amend any of these Terms of Service at our sole discretion. Upon doing so, we will update this page. Any changes to these Terms of Service will take effect immediately from the date of publication.
These Terms of Service were last updated on 27 October 2021.
By exercising the Licensed Rights, you accept and agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International Public License. To this extent this Public License may be interpreted as a contract, you are granted the Licensed Rights in consideration of your acceptance of these terms and conditions, and we, The Child and Family Corporation, grant you such rights in consideration of benefits we receive from making the Licensed Material available under these terms and conditions.
1. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Public License, The Child and Family Corporation hereby grants you a worldwide, royalty-free, non-sublicensable, non-exclusive, irrevocable license to exercise the Licensed Right in the Licensed Material to:
1A. Reproduce and share the Licensed Material, in whole or in part; and
1B. Produce, reproduce and share adapted material.
2. Expectations and Limitations: For the avoidance of doubt, where exceptions and limitations apply to your use, this public license does not apply, and you do not need to comply with its terms and conditions.
3. Media and formats; technical modifications allowed. The Child and Family Corporation authorizes you to exercise the licensed rights in all media and formats whether now known or hereafter created, and it make technical modifications necessary to do so. We waive and/or agree not to assert any right or authority to forbid you from making technical modifications necessary to exercise the licensed rights, including technical modifications necessary to circumvent Effective Technological Measures. For purposes of this Public License, simply making modifications authorized by this section never produces Adapted Material.
4. Downstream recipients:
4A. Offer from The Child and Family Corporation – Licensed Material. Every recipient of the Licensed Material automatically receives an offer from us to exercise the Licensed Rights under the terms and conditions of this Public License.
4B. No downstream restrictions. You may not offer or impose any additional or different terms or conditions on, or apply an Effective Technological Measures to, the Licensed Material if doing so restricts exercise of the Licensed Rights by any recipient of the Licensed Material.
5. No endorsement. Nothing is this Public License constitutes or may be construed as permission to assert or imply that you are, or that your use of the Licensed Material is, connected with, or sponsored, endorsed, or granted official status by, the Licensor or others designated to receive attribution as provided in the Attribution.
1. Moral rights, such as the right of integrity, are not licensed under this Public License, nor are publicity, privacy, and/or other similar personality rights; however, to the extent possible, we waive and/or agree not to assert any such rights held by us to the limited extent necessary to allow you to exercise the Licensed Rights, but not otherwise.
2. Patent and trademark rights are not licensed under this Public License.
3. To the extent possible, we waive any right to collect royalties from you for the exercise of the Licensed Rights, whether directly or through a collecting society under any voluntary or waivable statutory or compulsory licensing scheme. In all other cases we expressly reserve any right to collect such royalties.
Your exercise of the Licensed Rights is expressly made subject to the following conditions.
1. If you share the Licensed Material (including in modified form), you must:
1A. Retain the following if it is supplied by us with the Licensed Material:
1A(i) Identification that we, The Child and Family Corporation, are the creator(s) of the Licensed Material and any other designated to receive attribution, in any reasonable manner requested by us (including by pseudonym if designated);
1A(ii) A copyright notice;
1A(iii) A notice that refers to this Public License;
1A(iv) A notice that refers to the disclaimer of warranties;
1A (v) A URI or hyperlink to the Licensed Material to the extent reasonably practicable;
1B. Indicate if you modified the Licensed Material and retain an indication of any previous modifications; and
1C. Indicate the Licensed Material is licensed under this Public License, and include the text of, or the URI or hyperlink to, this Public License.
2. You must satisfy the conditions in this section in any reasonable manner based on the medium, means, and context in which you share the Licensed Material. For example, it may be reasonable to satisfy the conditions by providing a URI or hyperlink to a resource that includes the required information.
3. If requested by us, you must remove any of the information required by this section to the extent reasonably practicable.
4. If you share Adapted Material you produce, the Adaptor’s License you apply must not prevent recipients of the Adapted Material from the complying with this Public License.
Sui Generis Database Rights
Where the Licensed Rights include Sui Generis Database Rights that apply to your use of the Licensed Material:
1. For the avoidance of doubt, you are granted the right to extract, reuse, reproduce and share all or a substantial portion of the contents of the database;
2. If you include all or a substantial portion of the database contents in a database in which you have Sui Generis Database Rights, then the database in which you have Sui Generis Database Rights (but not its individual contents) is Adapted Material;
3. You must comply with the Attribution if you share all or a substantial portion of the contents of the database.
For the avoidance of doubt, this section supplements and does not replace your obligations under this Public License where the Licensed Rights include other Copyright and Similar Rights.
Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation Liability
1. Unless otherwise separately undertaken by us, to the extent possible, we offer the Licensed Material as-is and as-available, and make no representations or warranties of any kind concerning the Licensed Material, whether express, implied, statutory, or other. This includes, without limitation, warranties of title, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, absence of latent or other defects, accuracy, or the presence or absence of errors, whether or not known or discoverable. Where disclaimers of warranties are not allowed in full or in part, this disclaimer may not apply to you.
2. To the extent possible, in on event will Licensor be liable to you on any legal theory (including, without limitation, negligence) or otherwise for any direct, special, indirect, incidental, consequential, punitive, exemplary, or other losses, costs, expenses, or damages arising out of this Public License or use of the Licensed Material, even if the Licensor has been advised of the possibility of such losses, costs, expenses, or damages. Where a limitation of liability is not allowed in full or in part, this limitation may not apply to you.
3. The disclaimer of warranties and limitation of liability provided above shall be interpreted in a manner that, to the extent possible, most closely approximates an absolute disclaimer and waiver of all liability.
Term and Termination
1. This Public License applies for the term of the Copyright and Similar Rights licensed here. However, if you fail to comply with this Public License, then your rights under this Public License terminate automatically.
2. When your right to use the Licensed Material has terminated, it reinstates:
2A. Automatically as of the date the violations is cured, provided it is cured within 30 days of your discovery of the violation; or
2B. Upon express reinstatement by us, The Child and Family Corporation.
3. For the avoidance of doubt this section does not affect any right we may have t seek the remedies for your violations of this Public License.
4. For the avoidance of doubt, we may also offer the Licensed Material under separate terms or conditions or stop distributing the Licensed Material at any time; however, doing so will not terminate this Public License.
Other terms and conditions
1. The Licensor shall not be bound by any additional or different terms or conditions communicated by you unless expressly agreed.
2. Any arrangements, understandings, or agreements regarding Licensed Material not stated herein are separate from and independent of the terms and conditions of this Public License.
1. For the avoidance of doubt, this Public License does not, and shall not be interpreted to, reduce, limit, restrict, or impose conditions on any use of the Licensed Material that could lawfully be made without permission under this Public License.
2. To the extent possible, if any provision of this Public License is deemed unenforceable, it shall be automatically reformed to the minimum extent necessary to make it enforceable. If the provision cannot be reformed, it shall be served from this Public License without affecting the enforceability of the remaining terms and conditions.
3. No term or conditions of this Public License will be waived and no failure to comply consented to unless expressly agreed to by the Licensor.
4. Nothing in this Public License constitutes or may be interpreted as a limitation upon, or waiver of, any privileges and immunities that apply to us or you, including from the legal processes of any jurisdiction or authority.
Our website and the materials on our website are provided on an ‘as is’ basis. To the extent permitted by law, The Child and Family Corporation makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties including, without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property, or other violation of rights.
In no event shall The Child and Family Corporation or its suppliers be liable for any consequential loss suffered or incurred by you or any third party arising from the use or inability to use this website or the materials on this website, even if The Child and Family Corporation or an authorized representative has been notified, orally or in writing, of the possibility of such damage.
In the context of this agreement, “consequential loss” includes any consequential loss, indirect loss, real or anticipated loss of profit, loss of benefit, loss of revenue, loss of business, loss of goodwill, loss of opportunity, loss of savings, loss of reputation, loss of use and/or loss or corruption of data, whether under statute, contract, equity, tort (including negligence), indemnity, or otherwise.
Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
The materials appearing on our website are not comprehensive and are for general information purposes only. The Child and Family Corporation does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on this website, or otherwise relating to such materials or on any resources linked to this website.
The Child and Family Corporation has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement, approval, or control by The Child and Family Corporation of the site. Use of any such linked site is at your own risk and we strongly advise you make your own investigations with respect to the suitability of those sites.
We may suspend or terminate your right to use our website and terminate these Terms of Service immediately upon written notice to you for any breach of these Terms of Service.
Any term of these Terms of Service which is wholly or partially void or unenforceable is severed to the extent that it is void or unenforceable. The validity of the remainder of these Terms of Service is not affected.
These Terms of Service are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Chesterton. You irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in that State or location.